Thursday, January 9, 2014

Tale 12 - No Picnic for Lichen

Happy New Year everybody! I don't know what that means, but I heard Mummy and Daddy saying it to each other.

Well, I  have been avoiding telling this story, because just the thought of it brings back pain to me.  I LOVED the dog park so much, particularly the chase of all sorts of dogs. One day in early summer, I was having so much fun running at the dog park. There were so many dogs. I was having difficulty deciding which dog to play and run. I was flitting from one dog to the next. This dog park was especially big so I could really pick up speed. I was running around the trees which were in the shade. One very little dog caught my eye and I started running after him. We were running circles around the picnic table and kicking up dust. I only had eyes for this dog and all of a sudden WHAM I hit the broken side of the picnic table. I don't remember much but the pain was so bad. I screamed and screamed and suddenly Daddy was there holding me. I was in so much pain. My parents said the sound I was making was so horrible.

My shoulder was in such pain, but I managed to get up. Daddy and mummy were so concerned and they took me to what they call a hospital. Several people with white coats came to look at me. I was still hurting but I didn't want to show it. These people felt me all over and I was made to walk several times. I tried my best because I liked these new people.

My parents told me that I had to rest and couldn't play ball which I very much wanted to do. All I could do was go out to do my business, sleep and eat. BORING!!!! Even though I must admit eating is fun.

I then visited my vet the next day and she told my parents that I must rest for THREE WEEKS. One day is too long for me. I don't know what three weeks is but I think it is a lot of one days. The vet said I had a shoulder soft tissue injury. I said to myself I am going to be more careful next time if I ever get to run again. I think I have learned my lesson.  I have to take note of things like picnic tables while running.

My parents told me they were going to start a new program for me so that life would be more interesting without running and playing. The first thing they did was start taking me on round trips in the car down to Ithaca and the harbor. There were other things which they started doing which will take another story. So stay tuned. TO BE CONTINUED.

Here I am in the car with the windows open:
 



 
Here I am at the harbor after the ride. I couldn't take walks, runs etc. but I could look at the boats and the beautiful water.
 

 
Here I am under house rest. Hard to keep me down. I feel sorry just a little bit for my parents.
 
 


 
Here is a taste of what will happen next. Try to guess!!!
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment