Sunday, August 18, 2013

Tale Seven - Ball Play Begins

I was really getting used to the place. Adrienne and Roger were my mummy and daddy now. They gave me fun things to do like running and playing with all sorts of toys. I liked to tug with a large rope and  I also liked the squeaky toys. I still do! I want to tear them apart and am always looking for the squeak.

When I go outside, I absolutely loved the crunch of a stone pebble. Mummy and Daddy did not want me to chew, but I did it anyway for the thrill of it all. I noticed that Mummy and Daddy were really hopping when I did this, so I tried to do it even more. I just couldn't help myself. I did outgrow this habit, but occasionally I do it to get their attention.  I also enjoyed it when they couldn't catch me, because I was a fast runner.

The one thing I found when I was with them early on was the love of the ball. I adored the ball (still do), because I wanted to catch it and run and it gave me the opportunity to play with both Mummy and Daddy. I learned how to fetch and catch the ball. In the beginning Daddy and I played with this ball within a ball. It was really exciting. I loved kicking it and really concentrated on getting it. I felt so excited while playing. I was born to play ball. It made my life worth living.  I couldn't keep my tail from moving. In fact my whole body was moving. The ball was really a challenge and I even liked the noise it made. We played in the house, in the yard and on the porch. I had to do it everyday. I looked forward to it and my day was not complete if we did not play.

Here is one of our indoor play sessions with the ball within a ball. Don't I look excited!!!  I couldn't keep my tongue in my mouth with all the excitement. I was getting very good with moving backwards as Roger daddy was moving his feet with the ball. I kept my eye on the ball always.

 
If you can not see the video above click on this you tube video link.
 
Here are some photos of me with my favorite ball in the yard.
 
 
 
 
 
I must go now because it is time to play ball.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment