Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Tale 13 - No Picnic for Lichen (continued)

To continue from last week, I couldn't run for three weeks. I could only go out for potty breaks. What was I to do for all that time. For me, it was all the same  to continue playing and running. I would just hurt a lot. Because of the pain, I had trouble keeping my head up, but to give up play and running was not on my agenda. You see I was still a young thing and that is what young things do.

My parents had other plans however. They watched me continually. First of all, from the previous tale I told you that they took me on trips in the car down to Ithaca. I liked that very  much. One day they gave me a large box and I could tear it apart on the porch. I LOVED that. The box kept me occupied for a long time. I really took pleasure in tasting the cardboard in my mouth and seeing the box become smaller and smaller. It brought a smile to my face and I forgot about my pain.

My parents gave me bully sticks. My mouth waters every time I think of them. They also taught me lots of tricks like high five, paw, roll over, stay, back, leave it etc. in a training session every evening. I caught on very quickly especially since I got a treat after each trick. I LOVE those treats.

Also my parents started playing a game called Find Cheese. I had to sit outside the mud room and wait for either my Mum and Dad to hide the cheese. I then had to find it by my nose.

Before I knew it, I was better. I don't want to go through that again.

Here I am tearing apart the box.
 
 







 
 Here is a photo of me looking for bugs which is a favorite pastime of mine
 
 
 
Another of me with a bully stick
 
 
 
A video of me finding tasty cheese.
 
 
 
Here I am rolling over for Mum. I got tired of that.
 
 



And the last video is of me Turning on a Box.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOHlVg2rT-8
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment