Saturday, July 27, 2013

Tale One - My Name


How did I get my name? My mummy tells me I am named after the plant Lichen. When I was little I really liked the taste of it and saw lots of it on the trees in my backyard when we lived in Central New York. My mummy says the name came to her in a dream and because lichen lives a long life she felt that would be a good name for me. I do like the sound of it. Of course my parents call me lots of names as well. Sometimes I don't like the names they call me. It depends on their tone of voice. The native Americans  use lichen for dyeing of their fabric. Actually there is a lichen called Wolf Lichen. I wouldn't dare eat that type of lichen since it is poisonous. I think that is great so no-one would ever mess with me. 

Here are a few photos of me when I was little. When my parents called me "Little Lichen". It appears I liked treats even then.



My eyes were even green like lichen and here are a few photos to prove it.




2 comments:

  1. oh little Lichen, you were such a cute green-eyed baby dog. our brown poodle, Brody, had green eyes when he was a baby puppy too. but Brody is a way different color of brown than you. he is more reddish brown and now, at age 7, his brown is lighter. we have the green eyed photos though from when he was a pup, like you were. handsome little puppies, you were!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lichen what a precious baby you were, I love your name Lichen so unique I bet you will never find another with such a beautiful name.

    ReplyDelete